This is a super simple and super nutritious recipe for the perfect hummus recommended by my friend, Kathy Smart. The creaminess of the avocado makes this hummus recipe really pop!
Chickpeas are an awesome source of plant-based protein and super rich in fiber. This helps keep you feeling full and satisfied!
Hummus is way easier to make than most people think. All it takes is a food processor, some chickpeas, and a few more pantry staples!
Ingredients for Hummus:
- 1 (15 oz.) can chick peas, well drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados, cored and peeled
- 3 Tbsp. each of olive oil, fresh lime juice and tahini
- ½ teaspoon of lime zest (use a cheese grater to grate the peel of a lime)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ teaspoon each of sea salt, cumin, cayenne pepper and freshly ground black pepper
- Pulse chickpeas, avocados, olive oil, tahini, lime juice, lime zest, garlic and all spices in a food processor until smooth.
- Serve with fresh veggies
For more information on the recipe and image source can be found here.