If you are trying to impress, these Stuffed Peppers are an easy way to jazz up any meal!
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 lb of ground chicken (but can also use turkey instead; vegetarian option is to use 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup of tomato or pasta sauce
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- a dash of each: ground pepper, ground ginger, chili powder
- 6 oz of Parmesan cheese
- Cook the ground meat at a medium heat with ground pepper, ground ginger, and chili powder until brown
- While the meat is cooking, wash and chop off the tops of the bell pepper. Discard seeds and membranes.
- Chop up the lids of the bell peppers.
- Add bell pepper, cooked quinoa, and pasta sauce to the meat and stir well until pepper is tender.
- Add the mix into the bell pepper cups.
- Sprinkle 1 oz. of Parmesan cheese on each pepper
- Bake at 375.C for 30 minutes
Photo Credit: Stocksnap.io