Looking for warmth on a cold fall day? With fall approaching, this Tomato Soup recipe is perfect! Try this tomato soup with some cloud bread!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet cooking onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 ribs celery, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh Roma tomatoes or 1 28-oz can plum tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch curry powder
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- In heavy stockpot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add all chopped vegetables and sauté until soft and onion is translucent.
- Reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes, stock or water, basil, oregano, sea salt, black pepper, curry powder, and bouillon cubes. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low.
Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using a hand-held blender, puree soup to uniform consistency.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Picture Credit: Pixabay