Fajitas are one of my favourite dinner meals. They are tasty and healthy plus the best part, they can be prepped in advance for busy weekday nights!
Ingredients for Fajitas:
- 1 medium-sized green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium-sized red pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- Juice from one lime
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 large-sized plastic freezer bag
- Label your freezer bag
- To your freezer bag, add all ingredients. (Add the chicken to the bag last, so it’s the first ingredient poured into your slow cooker.)
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal, and lay flat in your freezer.
- The night before cooking, move the frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
- The morning of cooking, pour contents of freezer bag into your slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 4-8 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
Tip: You can also cook this meal in a pan on your stove top!
Yields: one large-sized bag of chicken fajitas
Adapted from New Leaf Wellness recipes
Photo Credit: Pixabay