This tasty gluten free and dairy free recipe will satisfy any bread lover. This coconut flat bread is perfectly paired with soups, stews and chili or used for sweeter treats like an almond butter and banana wrap!
Why do I love this recipe? The almond meal and coconut milk provides healthy omega 3 fatty acids wonderful for cognitive function and the coconut flour provides a low glycemic option for those people looking to lower blood sugar and keep belly fat at bay.
Obesity is on the rise and is an epidemic in North America; slight changes in your diet can make a massive difference in hormonal and blood sugar balance which is key for lowering body fat. And who are we kidding, having a slimmer waistline generally makes us feel more confident, happy and energetic!
One of my personal favourite pairings is with this Moroccan delight! I love this combination during the Fall and Winter months. It fills my belly and leaves me feeling ready to tackle the rest of the day! Enjoy!
Ingredients For Coconut Flat Bread
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- Pinch of sea salt
Directions for Coconut Flat Bread
- Mix all ingredients together well until there are no lumps left
- In a pan, melt 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- Spoon about 1/6th of batter into pan and thin out by tilting pan in a clockwise direction
- Each flat bread takes about 7-8 minutes to cook and should have a light brown colour. Feel free to cook longer for a crunchy(er) texture
- Recipe makes about 6 (7 inch) flat breads
- If the batter isn’t thin enough, add more water so it can be easily poured into a pan- batter should be thinner than pancake batter
If you love this and want more information on healthy living, check out my new book, Your Weight Loss G-Spot. It’s chalk full of recipes and with an easy to follow weight loss system, you will never feel better!