A good quality protein bar can go a long way as a super easy and convenient protein source when you’re short on time or on the go. They are also super versatile and can be added to a variety of recipes for a delicious protein punch!
This super creamy and delicious recipe incorporates a Genuine Health Cherry Protein Bar as a protein rich alternative to a typical high sugar granola style crumble. Chia seeds provide a nice serving of healthy fat and oats bring the fiber to help create slow sustained energy and keep you feeling full for hours. These in combination with protein creates an awesome metabolism-boosting-calorie-burning-blood-sugar-stabilizing breakfast option. It can even be made ahead for a quick grab and go option for those busy mornings!
- Add 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk to 2 tbsp chia seeds and stir in thawed chopped cherries (with juice) – this will turn it a nice red colour
- Put in fridge to set for about 10-15 minutes
- Chop the Genuine Health Cherry Protein Bar into crumble-style pieces and set aside.
- In a glass, mason jar, or bowl, begin by layering 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt as a base.
- For the next layer, add in 1/4 cup raw oats and 1/4 of the chopped protein bar.
- Next add the cherry chia pudding.
- For the final layer add the remaining 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt and top with 1/4 cup oats, and 1/4 chopped protein bar.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and garnish with cherry 🙂
Optional: if you find you prefer some extra sweetness, drizzle 1-2 tsp of honey on top