Who wants chocolate for breakfast? No, no, no, not a Kit-Kat bar, but stay with me!
I can’t tell you how many people tell me that breakfast is the most boring meal of the day. I would agree if you limited breakfast food to solely eggs, bacon and toast, it wouldn’t take very long to grow bored of it! Think outside the breakfast box and consider jumping into a breakfast BOWL. Don’t start your day with boredom. Pick a breakfast that kick starts your metabolism and one that you can celebrate that healthy food choices can be super filling and satisfying.
This is a super delicious smoothie bowl using Genuine Health Chocolate Protein Powder. You read that right, chocolate for breakfast. The fermented properties of this protein powder is super easy on digestion and aids in keeping our gut bacteria happy and healthy. A delectable breakfast that I love!
Breakfast bowls are an ideal for after a hard workout or simply looking for a warm, rich and comfort food when a chocolate fix is what you are looking for!
Ingredients for Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Breakfast Bowl:
- 200 ml water
- 250 ml almond milk
- 1/3 cup buckwheat (raw buckwheat groats, preferably cut and sold as buckwheat cereal)
- 1 cup fermented vegan proteins+ chocolate by Genuine Health
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- Boil water and almond milk
- Reduce to a simmer and add buckwheat
- Simmer with lid on for 6-7 minutes
- Add 1 scoop of fermented vegan proteins+ chocolate and raspberries.
- Cook on low, stirring often until desired consistency (2 minutes)
- Stir in 2 tbsp of hemp seeds
- Serve into bowls and enjoy!