Everybody loves soup! But what if it’s 30 degrees outside and your AC is broken? Enter gazpacho!
Gazpacho is a cold soup made almost entirely of vegetables. It is light and refreshing and packed full of vitamins and minerals. This gazpacho verde is a spin on a traditional Spanish version. Avocado adds a creamy base and tons of heart-healthy fats to keep you feeling full and satisfied. Lime, fish sauce, and chili flakes add delicious punches of flavour to bring this soup to the next level.
This gazpacho pairs perfectly with my coconut flat bread or as a side with these best ever turkey burgers. If you want to enjoy it on it’s own as a meal, make sure to add in a few tablespoons of hemp seeds to get in some protein! Enjoying a healthy soup gives your digestion a break and eliminates toxins for optimal health!
Ingredients for Gazpacho Verde Soup:
- 2 large English cucumbers, peeled
- 1 small avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp Asian fish sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced shallot
- 1 hot red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- ¼ cup finely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Cut cucumber into medium chunks (5 cups). Dice avocado (1 cup). Place both in blender with garlic, water, lime juice, fish sauce and salt. Blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. (Soup will keep, covered and refrigerated, for 2 days).
- Place shallot in small bowl with cold water to cover. Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towel. Place in bowl with chili and mint.
- Pour soup into 4 chilled bowls. Toss mint mixture and mound in centre of each bowl. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Adapted from Food and Drink 2015
Picture Source: Gazpacho Verde picture source