Who doesn’t crave the classic, sugar laden, fast food restaurant chocolate milk shake? You know the one, thick and sweet. Yet leaves you feeling bloated and tired after.
We can show how you to make this craving a fabulous, healthy, nutrient-dense and protein smoothie for the entire family. Why not enjoy our Chocolate Banana Smoothie and satisfy that sugar craving but add in all the health benefits of our ingredients?
I will often give a version of this smoothie to my husband for breakfast. He is notorious for leaving the house on an empty stomach. So with this shake, he notices his energy is more stabilized, has less headaches in the afternoons and overall is in a better mood.
Health + Craving
- Protein powder will keep your blood sugars balanced.
- Good fats in the almond butter keeps your energy revving for bringing your A-game.
- Maca powder is wonderful for your stress and mood management.
- While the greens provide the tools to help your body detoxify! See, it’s loaded with the good stuff!
Ingredients for Chocolate Banana Smoothie:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop protein powder (vanilla or unsweetened) I use this one!
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tsp. maca powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 handful of spinach
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and enjoy!
Serves 1. Double it up to share!
If you are in need of more tasty delights, check out my book, Your Weight Loss G-Spot. Not only is there a meal plan included to get you started, but tons of amazing advice, tips and resources to get you pointed in the right direction. Pair the information from the book and this smoothie and you will be well on your way to achieving your health goals!
Adapted from the January edition of Impact magazine