Taste the exotic flavours of Morocco in this delicious seared white fish dish. Serve with a side dish of STUFFED MUSHROOMS! I serve this up at home with a small glass of vino and light a few candles.
No need to go out for dinner or travel to Morocco with this amazing fish dish. A night of romance … may just be in order!
Ingredients Coriander Almond Crusted Fish:
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ¼ cup raw (untoasted) almond slivers
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, coarsely torn
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
- 1 jar artichoke quarters, drained
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pieces any type of white fish in fillet form, skinless
- In an electric coffee grinder or small food processor, grind together the coriander, fennel and almonds to form fine crumbs (do not over-grind or they will become a paste). Place crumbs on a plate.
- Preheat oven to 350°C (180°F).
- In a small bowl, stir together the mint, orange segments, artichokes, olives, and 2 tbsp oil. Season with salt to taste and set aside.
- Ina large non-stick skillet, heat remaining 2 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Season the white fish with salt and pepper and gently press each piece (flesh side) into crumbs to coat well. Place crumb-side down in oil and cook until golden and the almonds are toasted, about 2 minutes. Turn over and brown the second side for 1 minute. Place seared fish in preheated oven (on a baking sheet, or still in pan if it is ovenproof) until fish is just cooked through, about 7 to 9 minutes depending on thickness.
- Divide the orange salad between 4 plates and top each with a piece of fish.
Adapted from Food and Drink 2015
Picture Credit: Danielle MacInnes Unsplash.com