Now this is a hunk of “meat”. Paleo lovers read on. This one is for you. This Grilled Leg of Lamb is a super source of protein and iron to keep your energy and caveman eating style on track.
What is this Paleo style of eating that is all the rage? Everyone is talking about this fad;or is it a fad? We love to support eating fresh vegetables, fruits and healthy lean meat protein options. Paleo is not just for weight loss and can be considered a way of eating for many people!
The thought is that Paleo nutrition follows a pattern of eating including:
- Vegetables, fruits, nuts & seeds, eggs, lean meat and organ meats.
- Fruit (including fruit oils, e.g.,olive oil, coconut oil)
- Nuts, fish, meat, and eggs.
- Excludes dairy, grain-based foods, legumes & extra sugar. (no refined foods for this eating style.)
- Avoid any processed foods.
Leg of Lamb Ingredients:
- 1 leg of lamb (bone and butterflied by butcher)
- 2 cups red wine (pick a local you love!)
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning (keep it GMO free and non-irradiated)
- 1 tsp. sea salt & squeeze of lemon
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, cut into slivers
Mix ingredients and marinate for 12-24 hours in refrigerator.
Grill over hot coals approximately 20 minutes on each side. Baste occasionally while grilling.
Recipe adapted from First Line Therapy Manual
Picture Source: Henry Perks