Everyone loves a great visit to Mexico for a little bit of warmth and comfort food. Why not mix up the chili for a spicy chicken soup full of fabulous protein and topped with a creamy dash of good fat with a ripe avocado slice. I love the comfort of an easy made soup when I am on a detox. Who doesn’t love an easy, quick slow cooker healthy meal! I always wonder what I did before I had my slow cooker.
Maybe it is your best hired sous chef for those ready made meals when you walk in the door? If you have a busy, active family or commuting for work make this kitchen appliance your best friend or hired chef. A slow cooker is a fab investment for those days you can celebrate at 9 am dinner is ready, look at me!
Ingredients Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup:
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound Carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped/diced
- 1 cup Tomato Juice
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander, Ground
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 lb Chicken, skinless, Boneless Breasts, cut into 1” chunks
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 cup peel, pit, and slice Avocado (serving day)
- 1 large-sized Freezer Bags
- Freezing before use – Place all ingredients, except the avocado slices, in the bag. Squeeze all the air out of the freezer bag, seal, and lay flat in your freezer.
- Serving day directions – Cook in slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with sliced avocado on top.
Makes: 6 servings.
Picture Credit: Brooke Lark Unsplash.com
Visit us on : Strong Pinterest