I’m in LOVE with the Food and Drink magazine – I have a secret love affair with food photography and I get so inspired by the images I see in the mag.
I made this the other day, and tweaked it for you with a sprinkle of Strong Nutrition flare and it was DEELISH! Pair with some baked chicken or fish or for you vegan or vegetarians, 3tbsp of hemp and you’ve got the perfect meal!
When you make it, I would love to see a picture of your creation, please post to my Instagram account.
Ingredients for Spring Salad
The darkly roasted hazelnut oil blends with the aromatic cheeses, making an extraordinary flavour added to this salad.
- 2 tbsp roasted hazelnut oil
- 2 tbsp grape-seed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts
- 8 oz asparagus (1/2 bunch), washed and trimmed
- 8 oz slender young carrots (4 to 6), peeled
- 1 oz shaved Parmesan or Gruyère or sprinkle with nutritional yeast for a hit of B12
- In a small bowl, whisk together hazelnut and grape-see oils, tarragon, chives, vinegar and salt. Set aside for the flavours to blend while preparing the remaining ingredients (dressing may be made up to a day in advance and refrigerated until ready to serve).
- Toast the hazelnuts in a 350.F (180.C) oven for 8-10 minutes or until noticeably darker and fragrant; allow to cool. Place in a clean kitchen towel and rub hazelnuts against each other to loosen skins. Remove nuts to a board, leaving skins behind; roughly chop.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave both the asparagus and carrots into long thin strips; place in a large bowl. Add hazelnuts and cheese, dress with vinaigrette and gently toss to combine. Divide salad between 6 chilled salad plates.
Inspired by Food and Drink 2015
Picture Source: G.Gurrola Unsplash.com