Always the hit of the party! I love any creamy dip but add in spinach artichoke that is dairy-free and you have your number one fan. Rock the party and appetizer table with this fan favourite dip that is dairy-free and full of amazing healthy nutrients. The avocado gives you that creamy, flavourful texture but super rich in the good fats. Add in spinach for a hit of iron and nutritional yeast otherwise known as yellow superfood for a creamy cheesy taste and a kick of Vit B12. This dip is perfect for serving at a party, or as a nutrient-rich snack!
Ingredients for Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip:
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 14 oz. can artichokes hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, peeled and chopped
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 garlic clove, or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
Instructions for the Best Spinach Dip Ever:
- Drain the artichokes and spinach well, than add them to the bowl of a large food processor fitted with an S-shaped blade. Add in the rest of the ingredients, and use the “pulse” button to combine into a chunky dip.
- The texture of this dip is completely up to your personal preference. You can leave it chunky, for a slightly different taste in each bite, or process longer for a more uniform-looking dip! I added a bit of honey to mine, and processed again, for a slightly more balanced flavour and smoother texture.
- For best flavour, allow to chill for at least 4 hours before serving, and store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serves: 2 cups
Image Credit Source: Unsplash Danielle MacInnes