Tea is my drink of choice at this time of year! I am not sure about you but when it is cold and grey and I am looking to fight off cold and flu season I will always turn on the kettle and steep a cup. There are so many reasons that I appreciate a good cup of leaves and water. If you check out your city you will stumble across some super cool hangouts serving amazing cups of tea. Look out java, this could be the drink of choice for so many people like around the world. It is said that tea is the second highest consumed beverage in the world and may be taking over as the coolest new drink on the street for so many great health reasons and not just to detox.
5 Reasons to Celebrate Hot Tea Month for Your Health
1. Hydration – I always get my 8-10 cups of water in when I add tea to my day. Tea makes sense when it is cold and dreary and keeps me hydrated. There are lots of choices with herbal and green tea to find one you love.
2. Cleansing & Detoxifying – When I add lemon and ginger to my tea I know I am giving myself the easiest liver and skin detox possible.
3. Antioxidants & Immunity – A cup full of polyphenols and antioxidants that can fight off illness is always worth the steep.
4. Relaxation & Calm – Contemplating and stepping back from the chaos of work, life and technology just works with a cup of tea.
5. Weight Loss & Increased Metabolism – Teas like green tea, matcha and yerba mate are known to increase your metabolism and burn calories.
Grab your cup of leaves and water and sip slowly and savour the tranquility along with amazing health benefits!
From my cup to yours,
Image credit:Vee O
Check us out Strong Pinterest