There is nothing better than having breakfasts and snacks prepped and ready for a busy week. I love this recipe as it’s a simple and delicious option that can be put together anywhere from 1-5 days ahead of time. My only suggestion – add the banana and coconut at the last minute to keep them as fresh as possible!
Chia seeds are super rich omega 3 fatty acid beauties- perfect for protecting our cells, healthy fat loss, balancing blood sugars and hormones and keeping cravings away.
Cinnamon is the perfect, non-sugar based sweet spice that actually helps to lower our blood sugars. This is key for diabetics or those suffering from hormonal issues like PCOS and for energy balance through the day.
And if you don’t LOVE banana and coconut? No problem, feel free to get creative with the toppings you use (just make sure they are healthy). Enjoy!!
Ingredients for Chia Pudding
- 4oz coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp agave nectar or raw honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 banana sliced into small pieces
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a large, deep bowl combine the coconut milk, chia, agave, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir until combined and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Stir the mixture a few times.
- When set, top with remaining banana and coconut.
- Enjoy as a snack or breakfast!