“Coconut, Sunflower Seed and Lentil Energy Fat Bombs” by Strong Nutrition
I’m totally diggin’ these no bake fat bombs…and you will too once you give them a try. Loaded with protein from the lentils and of course the almighty coconut flakes, seeds, coconut oil and almond meal to create these super tasty, omega 3 rich, brain supporting, fat busting, energy driving fat bombs! Kids, adults – everyone needs a little extra good healthy fat in their diet, so these are absolutely perfect! I love adding these to a mid afternoon snack, the fat cuts the hunger and boosts energy…and if you do end up with any cravings, these little energy fat bombs will surly do the trick!
Finally, feel free to play around with this recipe and make it your own. The key here is to keep the sugars low (honey, dried fruits). Of course some is needed, but as you will see in the recipe, the banana, cinnamon, honey and vanilla already provide adequate amount of the sweet to these little bombs.
Other ingredients for you to consider
- Sunflower seeds
- Chia seeds
- Bee Pollen
- Protein powder
- Dates, apricot or figs
- Spices like nutmeg and clove
- Ground flax seeds
- Hemp Seeds
Why oh why do I love fat so much?
- Fat helps to keep you feeling satisfied and helps prevent unnecessary snacking
- Good fats are über anti inflammatory – so great for those who have excess inflammation from injuries and arthritis
- Reduces cravings for sugar and carbs aka. the bad guys
- Good fat helps encourage the body to lose that unwanted unhealthy fat around the belly
- Fats help to balance out blood sugars and hormones – key for great energy, sleep and weight loss
Other ways to incorporate healthy fat into your diet
Now that we know fat is so vital to good health, we can make an extra effort to consume plant based sources of fat throughout the day. This is quite simple actually.
- Add hemp and omega 3 fatty chia seeds to smoothie and salads and soups
- Drizzle high quality extra virgin olive oil onto cooked veggies and meat once plated
- Use coconut oil to cook your eggs
- Slather coconut oil as face and body cream once you get out of the shower
- Make avocado apart of your smoothies, salads and side dishes
- Make these: Salmon Avocado Paleo Lettuce Wraps
- and this Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip (Dairy-Free)
Ingredients for Energy Fat Bombs
1 cup unsweetened coconut
2tbsp melted coconut oil
1tsp maca powder
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 ripe banana
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3tbsp raw honey
3/4 cup cooked lentils (I like brown or green)
1/2 cup almond meal (you can also use coconut flour)
Place all of these yummy ingredients into a food processor and pulse until smooth, making sure that all of the mixture is well incorporated.
Then, remove the blade from the food processor, and with your tablespoon, scoop out the mixture and roll into balls.
Place each ball on a tray and let set in the fridge for about 30 minutes before consuming. This last step is optional but it does allow the energy bomb to hold together a little better.
Lastly, pack these little gems for school lunches or keep for that 2-3pm dip when cravings start to kick in.
Storage: in the fridge, in an airtight glass container
Recipe makes approximately 10-12 balls
Now go and enjoy these delicious energy fat bombs!
For questions, feel free to contact us here!